Notable Cases of Public Record
- We currently act in two of the largest class proceedings in Canada: Smith v Sino-Forest Corporation and Trillium Motor World v. General Motors of Canada Limited.
- Peter Wardle and Simon Bieber represent one of the respondents in the Sino-Forest enforcement proceedings before the Ontario Securities Commission.
- Helen Daley acts as outside counsel in discipline proceedings on behalf of the Law Society of Upper Canada.
- Helen Daley acts as outside counsel in enforcement proceedings on behalf of the Ontario Securities Commission.
- Peter Wardle recently successfully represented the Director of the Special Investigations Unit (a civilian agency which investigates police misconduct) in the Ontario Court of Appeal.
- Daniel Bernstein recently successfully resisted an injunction sought by CBS in a dispute about advertising rights over hundreds of billboards across Canada.
- Peter Wardle and Daniel Bernstein successfully represented TSX Inc. in regulatory and court proceedings challenging the validity of the Universal Market Integrity Rules promulgated by IIROC.
- Members of the firm have acted in several recent public inquiries, including the Goudge Inquiry into Pediatric Forensic Pathology and the Cornwall Public Inquiry.